The serging machines we’re going to discuss here are the best sergers for beginners. They’re chosen because of their ease of threading and quality of stitches. Verified users of this machine also liked them because they’re easy to maintain and they don’t operate noisily.
All machines listed here are user-friendly. This is a huge factor for many beginners. One of the many reasons people don’t use this type of machine is the fact that they considered it as too challenging to use. But this was the case several decades ago.
Current serging machines on the market are easy to use. They’re very user-friendly that you only need to touch a button to thread.
In addition to user-friendliness, the machines presented here are chosen because of their price tags. They’re not overpriced, despite being solidly built. Bear in mind that you don’t need an expensive serging machine to accomplish your threading goals.
Brother 1034D Serger 3 or 4 Thread Serger with Easy Lay In Threading with Differential Feed
- Easy to set-up and use. The color coding and instructional video that comes with the machine allows you to easily set this machine up. Plus, it’s easy to use and clean.
- Has 22 stitch functions. These will include the three and four thread overlock, letting you sew different creations with decorative finishes.
- With interchangeable feet. It makes the machine more versatile than others.
- Includes instructional DVD. This is especially useful for beginners who want to watch demonstrations before starting to use the machine.
- Affordable. Despite it being a high-quality machine, it won’t allow you to spend hundreds of dollars just to obtain one.
Singer 14CG754 ProFinish 2-3-4 Thread Serger with Machine Intro DVD by Singer
- Faster speed. This machine boasts 1,300 stitches per minute. To finish your stitching projects quickly, use its automatic fabric trimming.
- With a wide array of stitch options. The options can give you high-quality finished project.
- Easy to use. The instructional videos and manual can help you get started with this machine.
Choosing the right serger for beginners
Despite the similarities, not all sergers are made equal. Each model has its own features and it’s available in different price points. The one you choose must be based on how you’re going to use it.
If you’re just beginning to use this machine, it’s best to opt for the basic machine that has 2/3/4 or 3/4 string. However, if you wish to use it for coverstitching, opt for a model that’s designed to perform such function.
Then, select a model that’s designed for personal use. Don’t choose an industrial-quality as it can be difficult to learn how to use and start stitching. Instead, choose a model that has automatic needle threading and must have instructional videos to further help you in starting to use a serging machine.