Equipped with a variety of essential features, Singer’s 14T968DC Professional serger overlock is a wonderful choice as your partner in handling any type of stitching and sewing. It’s sleek yet powerful enough to fully complement the included functions. Compared with other sergers with coverstitch machines, this one has impressive features with great specifications. The user-friendliness of this machine is what makes it one of the best-selling machines in this category.
- With 5-4-3-2 thread capacity. Having different stitch types will help you produce perfect stitch for cover hems, flatlocking, chain stitching, etc. It may sound complicated for beginners. However, this machine is very easy to use. First time users will have no time adjusting to different stitch types to experiment the right stitch for a particular project.
- Automatic tension system. Through Singer Professional, you’ll be able to sew any type of fabric with perfect balanced stitches. Once you begin to use this machine, you’ll no longer have to avoid the tension dials like a plague as it adjusts automatically to provide you with good-looking stitched lines. And there’s no need for you to look for any visible loops to find unbalanced tension. The machine will do that for you.
- Comes with CD workbook. This guide will help you better understand the function of each stitch and how to use it to help with your project. Understanding the different types of stitches as first could be confusing. But once you get the hang of it and review the workbook every day, you’ll be able to maximize this machine.
- With clean pocket. After using this machine, you don’t need to pick up the trimmed fabric as long as you’ve attached the pocket that comes with the machine. It makes your working area clean and organized.
- Faster machine. With 1,300 stitches per minute (SPM), you can save time and work on several projects in one day. This faster machine lets you complete any task more quickly.
- Differential feed. This feature ensures that there’s an even feed on every fabric type. With it, you no longer have to worry about stretching. This machine is able to feed the fabric into the cutting section in a smooth manner.
- Color-coded threading diagram. This makes threading a lot easier to do. All you have to do is to follow what the diagram says. There’s no guessing work here.
- Moveable upper knife. This feature prevents accidental trimming of the fabric while you’re using the machine.
- Adjustable stitch length. By turning the dial, you can easily adjust the length of a stitch to fit your desired length.
- Higher presser foot lifter. This is essential so you can have extra clearance as you place multiple layers of fabric under the machine’s presser foot.
- 25 years warranty. Singer offers 25 years of warranty for manufacturer’s defects. Parts and labor are only covered within 90 days of purchase while its electric and electronic parts are covered within two years.
- Different stitches available. With this machine, you can use its right stitch, five-thread safety stitch, double chain stitch, and cover stitch, among others.
- With free accessories. The package has a needle set, spool caps, brush, cone adapters, dust cover, tweezers, spreader, etc.
- Has 4 built-in rolled hems. They’re great in handling lightweight fabrics. It’s effortless to convert to rolled hem mode as you’ll only have to access its level for rolled hemming.
- More affordable compared with other machines in the same category
- Made by a reliable company
- Faster machine with 1,300 stitches per minute
- User-friendly features
- Very helpful workbook guide
- Beginners may take time to understand the machine’s features but they don’t need to attend classes to figure them out.
- Setting it up may be difficult for some users