The Singer Stylist 7258 is an electric, multi-functional and automatic sewing machine. It stitches at up to 750 stitches-per-minute and has 100 preset stitches that can be selected with a press of a button. The features are built to meet the requirements of many different sewers giving them more options compared with lesser equipped machines
Singer Stylist 7258 Sewing Machine Review
The Singer 7258 Sewing Machine also has an electronic start/stop feature that no longer requires foot pedals if you should prefer to sew without them. It has an impressive number of automatic features too. These include automated tension, in-built buttonholes, needle threader, presser foot pressure, bobbin winding clutch and bobbin winder stop.
The Singer 7258 sewing machine is capable of instantly choosing the perfect width and length for a stitch but may also be set by hand for the dimensions of your choosing. Bobbins are dropped in through the top making it easier than ever to thread the machine. It has the option of using a twin needle and can still employ the preset stitches by bringing down the width of the stitch. The 7258 Stylist may also be programmed to have the needle stop in either the down or up position, whichever you prefer. By just pressing a button, you can have straight and decorative stitches tied-off. Additionally, the needle can be set to an extraordinary 13 different positions to ensure that each project will be a cinch.
The machine’s feeding system has 6 segments which helps the fabric feed through in a particular manner. Stitching has never been simpler with the built in LED white lamp that lights up the sewing surface. The bulb will last for up to 100,000 hours and is certain to never get hot regardless of how long you are operating the machine. The built-in storage on the Singer 7258 Stylist model sewing machine guarantees quick and easy access to your accessories. Don’t ever lose those tiny pieces again. It’s always possible to be sure that the stitch selection you made has taken effect with the audible tones that emanate from the machine to confirm what you have chosen. The Singer 7258 also has a robust look and feel. It has an aluminium frame for guaranteed stability so this machine can last for years.
- 100 Stitch Patterns; Push Button Stitch Selection
- Adjustable Sewing Speed; Sewing Speed of up to 750 Stitches per Minute
- Automatic Needle Threader; Programmable Needle Up/Down; Twin Needle Capacity
- Top Drop-in Bobbin with Clear View; Automatic Bobbin Winding; Automatic Bobbin Winding Stop
- 6 Fully Automatic One-Step Buttonhole Stitches; Automatic Stitch Width and Length
- Automatic Reverse; 6mm Stitch Width; Six-Second Threading
- Electronic Start and Stop; StayBright LED Lifetime White Lamp
Pros and Cons
- More than enough built-in stitches
- Complete control over the sewing process when automated
- Adjustable width, length and speeds
- Includes a slew of extra presser feet
- The machine is a bit on the noisy side
- Singer 7258 stylish computerized sewing machine gets jammed sometimes but apart from this it is highly efficient and durable.
Buyers have helpfully had a lot to say about the Singer Stylist 7258. On Amazon over 2/3 of nearly 300 reviewers have awarded the 7258 5 stars. Users rave about how quiet it is due to how smoothly it sews and how straightforward it is to learn how to operate the machine. The machine seems to appeal to both new sewers and advanced users. Others are enthralled over no longer having to be afraid of losing their accessories with such a convenient little storage compartment. All in all, it does appear that Singer have been able to cram quite a lot into this compact machine for a very reasonable price.